*Please submit English resume when you apply for the job.
Amazon.co.jp is looking for a driven, strategic, and entrepreneurial product manager with proven track record of driving innovations on behalf of customers to lead the product development of the JP Direct Imports program. The global supply chains have become increasingly borderless, representing opportunities for Amazon to help our vendor partners worldwide reach customers in Japan while reducing costs through new innovations. Even domestically in Japan, technology solutions are becoming more pivotal in helping our vendor partners maximize product availability while eliminating waste in the supply chain. Ultimately, customers win as they have improved access to better selection that can be delivered to them fast and at competitive prices.
Toward this objective, the product manager will own building compelling offerings for our vendors to fully leverage Amazon's technology and fulfillment solutions. You will work with our operations teams to optimize cross-border and domestic supply chains to improve costs, and work with our technology teams across Amazon to build features to do so at scale. This is a unique combination of product and business leadership role that requires a leader with a strong strategic, technical, and operational acumen. With the business growing rapidly, the product manager will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between features, architectural improvements and operational excellence. The product manager will be strong at working cross-functionally, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Define long-term vision, develop business case, and drive global leadership alignment
- Work backward from customers and vendors to understand the needs, and translate them into product roadmap, requirements and execution plans
- Work cross-functionally with global technology teams, Retail leaders, operations teams, and other business functions (e.g. Finance) to deliver high-quality and scalable solutions
- Own the development of value propositions and go-to-market strategies for each product
- Prioritize and manage features, considering tradeoffs and optimizing for customer and vendor experience
- Develop scalable mechanisms to enable expansion of the business solutions