*Please submit English resume when you apply for the job.
Amazon.co.jp is looking for a driven, customer-centric, and strategic program manager with a proven track record in working cross-functionally to solve complex business challenges and drive improvements in customer experience and financial performance. In this role, you will be part of a fun and entrepreneurial team that collectively develop the business strategy to enhance the competitiveness of our product offerings, partner with technical partners to enhance the systems to enable the strategy, and build mechanisms to scale across product categories. You will lead defining success measures and key performance metrics of the programs and own driving the improvement of the metrics that are critical to our customer experience, vendor experience, and financial results. You will work with technical and business teams both in Japan and globally.
To be successful in this role, the Principle Program Manager needs to demonstrate the unique combination of strategic, analytical, technical, and operational acumen. With the business growing rapidly, you will not have the luxury of having tunnel-vision for any one area; rather, will need to exhibit excellent judgment on how to prioritize between different levers. This position requires a highly analytical individual with strong cross-functional leadership.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Define business strategy and measures success of your programs
- Design key performance metrics to measure success of the programs and own driving improvement of those metrics
- Work with technical teams to drive enhancements of the systems
- Manage the financial impact of the programs including revenue, costs, and contribution profit
- Develop scalable mechanisms to enable expansion of the business solutions leveraging teams across Amazon
- Work cross-functionally across Amazon to deliver high-quality and scalable solutions
- Continuously innovate to improve customer experience, vendor experience and internal process efficiency