Would you like to own driving the revenue for Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon ElastiCache and other emerging NoSQL database service offerings? Would you like to be part of a team focused on increasing adoption of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform by engaging with companies building software applications and services? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
As a business development manager within AWS, you will have exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the enterprise, SMB, and startup communities. Your responsibilities will include helping to define key market segments to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners to establish new business in those markets, and enabling the sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with prospects in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll also work closely with the product/service teams to help them evolve the products/services and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Platform Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and NoSQL database technical strategy.
- Help to define AWS’ NoSQL database market segments, customer base, and industry verticals we target.
- Set a strategic business development plan for target markets and ensure it's in line with the AWS’ strategic direction.
- Execute strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, service teams, legal, support, etc.).
- Identify specific prospects/partners to approach while communicating the specific value proposition for their business and use case.
- Work closely with the customer base to ensure they are successful using our NoSQL database services. Understand technical requirements of our customers and work closely with the internal product/service teams to guide the direction of our product offerings.
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new customers.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market