Strategic Account Manager
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring a Strategic Account Manager to help guide the current and future use of AWS services by Amazon.com and its subsidiary teams (including Zappos.com, Quidsi.com, and Kiva Systems).
As the AWS Strategic Account Manager for Amazon.com, you will be directly responsible for a large portfolio of internal Amazon users of AWS. Amazon teams have challenges unique to their massive scale and their aggressive, innovative use of -based services. Given their unique position as an internal customer of all AWS products, this account manager will be in a key position to influence all of AWS product directions.
AWS Strategic Account Managers are passionate, creative, customer-focused leaders. This is a very hands-on role where you will be expected to possess large account and technical program management experience, financial acumen, good technical background in technologies, and polished communication skills. You should be comfortable working with many autonomous technology groups one day, and presenting to CXO senior positions the next.
Amazon.com and our subsidiaries are rapidly growing AWS internal users, both expanding through natural growth and new use cases of AWS technology. The ideal candidate is a rapid self starter, prepared to work on innovative integration opportunities under aggressive deadlines, work with Amazon service teams to push the envelope in the use of AWS, and work on the cutting edge of AWS products. Their goal is to ensure that Amazon.com continues to be a satisfied customer of AWS.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Ownership of all Amazon.com and subsidiary relationships globally,
· Interaction with dozens of technology teams and business groups to aggressively drive further adoption of AWS products
· Lobbying AWS general managers, product management, and senior leadership for features to meet the needs of internal teams
· Responsible for partnering with Amazon Infrastructure on business metrics, cost accounting, and the financial process for reporting and tracking them
· Engages AWS general managers, product management, and senior leadership to help understand the needs of internal teams
· Plans adoption roadmaps including demanding forecasting, and dependent feature delivery dates,
· Acts as the point of escalation for both premium support and direct internal engagement between AWS and Amazon internal teams
· Acts as the point of contact for out of band capacity requests
· Works to ensure high level of customer satisfaction from internal Amazon customers of AWS products