Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Amazon Music is seeking an experienced music executive to lead our Label Relations team in Japan. In this role, you will collaborate with our label partners to provide the best music experience for our customers. The Label Relations team works closely with Marketing, Merchandising, Content Acquisition, and Operations. This leader will also play a key role in working globally with Amazon Music offices around the world. .
The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, must be highly analytical, and have a strong background in fostering relationships. He/she will bring a proven track record of building and developing people/organizations, making data-driven decision, identifying and adding process improvements and advocating on behalf of customers. The ideal candidate will have proven experience delivering results both within and outside his/her organization.
· Manage the label relations team and oversee all partner relationships.
· Share expertise and best practices globally.
· Work with labels, talent agencies, and artists to improve and expand Amazon’s content offerings to customers.
· Develop relationships with content owners to create unique opportunities for new music content promotions.
· Act as Amazon’s ambassador among labels, the artist community and the larger music industry, educating them through compelling presentations and product demonstrations.
· Provide input to defining the customer experience and represent that to senior executives.
· Focus on talent management of the label relations team which includes recruiting and developing the best.
· Create an environment which motivates people to thrive in their expertise and deliver ambitious results.
· Translate label relations metrics into actionable plans as determined by different inputs which drive performance.
· Create sustainable process improvements for Amazon Music leadership which drive year-over-year progress.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!