Amazon is looking for a smart, analytically minded person to join the team as the "Japan Data Center Logistics Manager" in defining revolutionary efforts. Amazon is looking for a highly motivated leader with responsibility for innovating and executing exciting new growth opportunities for Japan's Logistics team. As we grow, accurate planning and execution will be critical to serving our customers and Logistics plays an important role in maintaining AWS infrastructure availability.
In this highly visible and critical role, the candidate will need the strategic ability to sketch a high-level vision for future and have the analytical acumen to translate that vision into an executable plan. In addition to developing a vision for the future, this person will work extensively with Amazon infrastructure teams, supply chain team, safety team, security team, finance team and customers to help grow the business.
Provides technical guidance, professional advice and developmental training on supply chain design and execution. Leads logistics improvement initiatives at all levels. Has expertise and in depth knowledge of several logistics functional areas and is at the forefront of changes in the logistics field. Tactically and Strategically bridges the two working teams within Logistics, Planning and Operations.
Responsibilities - Candidate must have to ability to clearly communicate and explain end-to-end logistics (inputs, outputs, rationale, gaps) and recommendations to senior management. - Serve as a key member of the team in helping to define and deliver global end-to-end logistics chain. - Understand the technical requirements of our partners and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of procurement activities. - Develop new analytical models for demand/supply forecasting based on segmented logistics solutions. - Execute both short-term and long-term strategic business objectives while working with key internal stakeholders to improve the logistics chain with the latest internal and external information. - Prepare and give detailed data-driven business reviews to the senior management team, focused on measuring the impact and performance to create revolutionary supply chains. - Keys to success in this role include exceptional analytics, judgment, and communication skills. The candidate needs to be able to extract insights from data and be able to communicate clearly appropriate triggers and actions.
- Hire and develop Logistics specialists to support long-term growth - Travel multiple data center sites and provide supports to on-site Logistics specialists
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Statistics, Manufacturing, Math, Business or other related quantitative discipline - 3-5 years of years of relevant management experience in logistics, supply chain, procurement, planning, manufacturing, finance or related field
- Experience managing a team of 5 - 20 people - Experience creating, iterating, and improving end-to-end logistics/supply chains - Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer - Advanced knowledge of supply chain, e.g. RMA process - Ability to create value stream mapping and to manage through-put, inventory and wait time - Ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- 5-10 years professional experience (in high technology or consumer electronics) - MBA or advanced degree in engineering, operations research, mathematics or other quantitative disciplines - Experience with statistical analysis tools - Knowledge in Kaizen
- Advanced knowledge of data center products and their global supply chains - Business level Japanese skill