Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is looking for an experienced, talented and enthusiastic team leader of Hardlines Private Brands to manage selection expansion for number of categories for Amazon’s Exclusive Brands and Private Brands business for Consumables in Japan. As a leader, you will be responsible for managing private brands with the best possible commercial and legal terms. You will also be responsible for hiring and building a high performance team of experienced team members and growing volumes and margins. You will develop a partnerships with retail category teams in Japan and the various functions in Japan and US.
Private Brands is a long-term growth opportunity for Amazon. We are also looking to expand our foot-print into new categories.
The position requires a leader who can work autonomously in a fast paced, highly demanding and ambiguous environment. The successful candidate would possess great business judgment, with a track record of strong project delivery, commercial negotiations and relationship management along with deep analytical acumen. Additionally, this position involves working with multiple stakeholders (US Private Brands team, product development, quality and compliance, marketing, legal, supply chain, among others), and hence we need strong stakeholder management capabilities and ownership with great bias for action in getting things done themselves.
Main responsibilities include:
1. Work with the category managers to identify suitable opportunities for private brands to achieve annual selection, product development, revenue and profitability goals
2. Establish & manage long term relationships with suppliers by driving selection, and negotiation of their terms.
3. Increase selection from new and existing suppliers.
4. Build internal and external metric reports to monitor new selection and cost out opportunities.
5. Work with instock managers, suppliers and our operations team to ensure a reliable, cost effective flow of goods, from ordering to receipt.
The successful candidate will be an experienced team player who is motivated by an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
6. Work with Marketing managers and Content Managers to implement marketing actions and site merchandising on Amazon.
7. Work with Customer Insight Manager to conduct customer surveys to develop new products.
The position is based in Japan and requires both domestic and overseas business trips.