This role is for an experienced EHS Manager, Safety Specialist or Safety Engineer. The roles prime responsibility will be to work as part of a team to support the safety operations in Tokyo. As well as this, there may be opportunities to support other countries.
The chosen person must be an effective communicator, sending clear, concise and consistent messages verbally, in written form, and/or public speaking forums. This individual must advise, instruct and train company personnel on safety policies and procedures, as well as assist the teams in incorporating our safety standards at their sites.
You will work with internal and external partners to maintain and enhance the safety of operations. Coordination with onsite physical security, vendors, compliance officers, risk management, and fire/life safety systems is required. Additionally, you will work with employees and contractors to achieve specific safety objectives.
This role will report to the Regional Safety Manager - Asia Pacific, and be responsible for continuing to enhance the safety of operations and construction. You will work closely with construction builds. This position is based in Tokyo. Some domestic and international travel is required. English speaking and writing proficiency is required.
· Implement safety standards, policies and practices including but not limited to; safety management systems, training, and risk assessments.
· Collaborate with other groups within Amazon (Facilities Managers, Human Resources, Hardware Operations) and outside vendors (General Contractors, sub-contractors, Emergency Services) as they relate to operations and construction.
· Ensure compliance and implementation of global safety programs and local regulatory legislation.
· Develop safety plans for on-site emergencies, special events and other unique safety situations.
· Perform safety data analysis and create benchmarking.
· Ensure safety recordkeeping and provide accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
· Consult and work with legal for safety regulations interpretations and investigations.
· Develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
· Adapt to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, strategy and deadlines.
· Domestic and international travel for emergency and non-emergency may be required.
· Able to work as part of a team and provide safety support to sites across Japan and regions outside of Tokyo when required.
· All other duties as assigned.