Alexa’s Artificial Intelligence team is looking for a Software Development Manager. Alexa is the voice activated digital assistant powering devices like Amazon Echo, Echo Dot and Fire TV. Our team is accountable for Alexa’s speech platform for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Personalization Systems, Conversational Understanding, Knowledge Graphs, and Text to Speech (TTS).
This role will lead engineering efforts focusing on building more conversational natural language understanding capabilities, leading a group that is part of a larger team that focuses on making Alexa more contextual. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge experiences in new form factors that will be used every day by Alexa customers. As a technical leader, business leader, and people manager of the team, you will be working with business partners, software development engineers, and UI/UX designers to launch, maintain, and iterate on new capabilities.
You are a leader with technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, and a passion for managing engineering talent in a fast-paced environment. You have technical depth, possess exceptional project management and communication skills, and understand how to coach a team well. As a software development leader you will:
· Lead a team of software engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operations in an agile environment.
· Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
· Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, driving operational excellence and quality, owning operational metrics, and delivering results on time.
· Work closely with other teams across Alexa to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
· Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
· Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within Amazon.
If you are looking for a challenging and innovative role where you can solve important problems while growing as a leader, this may be the place for you.