Are you passionate about improving customer experience? Do you live and breathe in a connected world? Are you attracted by Amazon’s Digital and Device products including Echo, Kindle eReaders, FireTV, Amazon Video, Gaming, Music, Alexa Voice Services and more? Does coordinating across teams, cultures and countries sound exciting to you? If so, the Digital, Device and Alexa Support (D2AS) team is hiring a Senior Operations Manager for its Chinese and Japanese operations, located in Amazon’s Beijing office. The D2AS Senior Operations Manager, is responsible for setting the vision and providing the overall leadership, direction, and operational guidance for his/her region. He/she will be responsible for understanding D2AS customer experience, associate skills, headcount, capacity growth needs, and developing a strategy rethinking and creating how we provide this world-class technical support in a rapidly changing, complex and connected environment. He/she will also directly lead an international team to design and improve the customer experience, increase flexibility, and maintain service levels. This is a senior-level management position that is fully accountable for the D2AS Chinese and Japanese experience and results, and with exposure to the global Digital, Device and Alexa Support leadership.
Operational Responsibilities Include:
Build positive productive relationships with many stakeholders and partners around the world. Willing to partner with others to drive cross functional initiatives and ensure compliance with business policies. Deals with the complexity of multiple lines of business, channels, regions and cultures.
- Lead his/her network, supervising all aspects including people engagement, infrastructure and stakeholder management.
- Build and lead a team of operations managers to deliver Amazon customer service KPIs.
· Develop and achieve performance goals and objectives in order to meet customer promise expectations.
· Deliver the strategic plan for his/her network, with a focus on flexibility, scalability and language/country expansion.
· Develop and implement process improvements to deliver exceptional customer service.
· Work with the wider customer service teams to drive Technical support adherence and vision, including regional Directors, Country Leaders, and support functions stakeholders such as Finance, Capacity Planning, Human Resources.
· Drive strategies and programs which improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization.
· Implement, change, or develop new processes as necessary to provide the ability to serve new technical support experiences and new customer language of preference.
· Deep dive into issues and resolve in a timely manner, providing detailed, informative updates to the D2AS leadership teams.