Amazon is seeking an innovative, results-oriented, customer-centric business development manager. The key mission of the position is to negotiate and execute partnerships with the leading companies (ie. mobile carriers) to accelerate Amazon's growth through mobile.
Amazon’s Business Development team is responsible for generating and executing complex and high impact partnership deals spanning across Amazon business units in e-commerce and Digital for mobile. This position will leverage your strong understanding of mobile, e-commerce, marketing and high-tech industries to structure innovative partnerships. S/he will be responsible on increase the number of traffic and our customers' engagement by maximizing our partnership with various sector.
This role will be highly visible at senior levels of Amazon both in Japan and the US. You will be working closely with key decision makers of partners to develop strategies to expand partners’ presence in mobile and negotiate deals to achieve mutual goals. This role will also need to interact frequently with US Mobile Business Development team, which is responsible for managing worldwide mobile partnership deals for Amazon.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Act as a forward-looking thought leader in developing strategies to advance Amazon’s presence in mobile.
- Understand the business plans and priorities of various Amazon business units such as Retail categories, Prime, Video, Kindle, Music, and Echo/Alexa.
- Identify partnership opportunities with leading companies including mobile carriers, OEMs, and other high-tech companies.
- Engage our target partner companies by articulating Amazon’s vision, services, and value propositions to customers and partners.
- Structure deals which are aligned with the interests of Amazon, customers and partners.
- Drive all aspects of both external and internal negotiations to a successful close.
- Lead cross-functional teams to manage initiatives associated with the deals.
- Develop and manage senior-level relations with Amazon’s partner companies.
- Own account management activities on a regular basis to create additional opportunities.
- Monitor the performance of existing deals on a regular basis.