Amazon strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can research and purchase anything they want. We set big goals and are looking for people who can help us reach and exceed them.
Amazon.cn was launched in 2004. For the past 14 years, Amazon.cn has been offering customers authentic and quality products across 30 different categories. In late 2014, we launched Global Store on Amazon.cn. Global Store (GS) simplifies customer’s personal import process and shows customers the complete amount of payment for orders for international products at checkout, including import duties and fees. Thorough GS, customers can purchase items from Amazon websites in another countries without leaving their local Amazon website and purchased items will be shipped directly to customers from outside of their countries. Currently, China GS have more than 10 million international selection from Amazon US, Europe, and Japan.
Japan Exports team is seeking for a Senior Business Development Manager based in Tokyo to accelerate China GS business leveraging Amazon JP’s selection and deals. This person will closely work with GS team at Amazon.cn to develop strategy to drive growth and profitability and will act like an evangelist to involve and influence Amazon JP’s category teams who work with vendors (brands) and are the ultimate business owners. This role will also work with cross functional teams in Japan and US to ensure the highest level of customer experience. The role is completely new in the organization, so we also expect this person to develop a playbook for this role. We will start to measure fundamental input goals and then expand to relevant output goals in 2019. This role will fully own the input goals and co-own output goals with internal functions, hence the position has dotted line reporting to GS team in China.
The ideal candidate will have a strong business acumen, proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional communication skills including negotiation skills and overall relationship management. Moreover, we also expect this person to hold high bar for business ethics and discipline to work as a senior level independent contributor. This role may require maximum quarterly trip to China as necessary.
More specific routine checklist:
· To drive effective discussion with China GS team and Amazon JP’s category teams to develop strategy and goals as well as to prioritize projects and action items.
· To develop and lead strategy for key vendor negotiations on regular basis.
· Familiar with Amazon JP's key event calendar, provide inputs to China team to incorporate those key activities into China event calendar.
· To be involved in weekly, monthly, quarterly business review with China team and US central GS team.
· Collaborate with cross functional teams on systems and processes improvement initiatives to support business needs.
· Manage the key business inputs of selection, pricing/promotion, and availability to achieve our sales and margin targets.
· Passionately advocate for China customers and China category team.
· Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
· Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects & partner relationships - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
· Strong communication skill and earn trust managing cross functional routine work.
· Result driven, strong capability of dealing with ambiguity and bias for action.
· Able to have quick wins, accumulate them and consolidate them to develop a unique job playbook.