Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. Voice is the most natural user interface for interacting in the home and is quickly becoming the preferred way to seek information on any topic, at any time, from any place.
Business Analyst is responsible for helping understand customer engagement across the Alexa Domains such as Music, Video, Smarthome, Household, etc. In this highly visible role, he/she will provide reporting, analyze data, make sense of the results and be able to explain what it all means to key stakeholders - ranging from VPs to Engineers, from Marketers to Product Managers.
The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets and have exemplary communication skills. The candidate will need to be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
In addition to providing valuable insight into our customers, this person will work extensively with other Amazon product management teams, partner marketing teams, technical teams, finance, and operations to help grow the business.
You love working with data, can create clear and effective reports and data visualizations, and can partner with customers to answer key business questions. You will also have the opportunity to display your skills in the following areas:
- Define requirements for reporting customer behavior, and technical performance metrics, and work with technical teams and product managers to integrate into our development schedules
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Develop, implement, and automate processes to collect and manage usage data from multiple sources
- Partner with internal and external market research teams to analyze our customers and the competitive environment
- Derive insights from customer feedback and usage data and provide input into new product development
- Engage closely with our US based business analytics team
- Present findings to partner teams and organizational leadership