Sr. Product Manager, Selection & Pricing, Amazon Business Marketplace
4 weeks ago(2018-07-24 10:10)
Amazon Japan G.K.
On September 20th 2017, Amazon.co.jp launched Amazon Business, a new B2B marketplace to meet the procurement needs of businesses of every size – from small business to large multi-national organization, as well as institutional buyers like universities, schools and public offices. B2B represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment and customer base. Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customer and thus we have to reinvent everything from how we display our selection, price our products, and provide the right customer experience.
Currently, the vast majority of selection available on Amazon Business Marketplace is served from third party sellers, and in order to address business customers’ needs across industries, we are looking for a Senior Product Manager who is responsible selection and pricing activities in Amazon Business Marketplace team. You will be responsible for leading and establishing the selection and pricing strategy for B2B in Japan. The role will work very closely with the Retail Selection teams, global product team, as well as with the Direct Seller Recruitment (DSR) team. You will also monitor price competitiveness, analyze and identify what drives pricing more competitive, work with global product team to deploy pricing related features.
- Own Janpan's selection strategy for business customers
- Start with the customer and work backwards to determine selection growth strategy for business customers
- Work with Japan's retail and marketplace teams to identify and define selection gaps
- Drive project planning through detailed product roadmaps and milestone tracking for Selection specific features
- Own Japan's pricing strategy for Amazon Business marketplace
- Provide local business requirements to global product management team for implementing new pricing features
- Drive project planning through detailed product roadmaps and milestone tracking for Pricing specific features
- Work closely with global Amazon Business product management team to understand mid-long term roadmap and reflect Japan specific requirements to roadmap.
- Keep leaderships updated on product roadmap, project status and issues / opportunities in products.
- Native level Japanese capability
- Business level English for working effectively in US companies– both verbal and written.
- 6+ years' relevant experience that involves operational and/or system transformation in multi-national project team.
- Demonstrated track record of creative problem solving; thinks big, starts small, grows fast
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and feature concept.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individual
- Experience working as strategy consultant - Experience in business planning and operation