Join Amazon Japan's Consumer Experience team and help develop software that delivers the best shopping experiences to our diverse set of customers across multiple product categories and at mind-blowing scale. We continually drive to help our customers discover the products in our best-in-class catalog, with a Customer Obsessed culture and unrelentingly high standards.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will help solve a variety of technical challenges and work with a team of extremely talented engineers. You will play an active role in translating business and functional requirements into concrete deliverables and build iteratively in partnership with other technology teams and business partners. You will help invent new features, design systems, develop and deploy highly scalable and reliable distributed services. You will tackle challenging, novel situations every day and, given the breadth of scope, you’ll have the opportunity to work with multiple tech teams and stakeholders at Amazon in different locations (we're a truly global company!). You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity in initial problem statements and project proposals, working backwards from our customers to bring definition and clarity to those ideas. Along the way, we guarantee that you’ll learn a ton, and make a positive impact on millions of customers.
You will also be part of Amazon Japan International Technology, a global software development group based in Tokyo, Japan. There are 6 core technical teams in this group:
- Fashion Technology team: is focused on building the best in-class experience for customers who shop for clothing, shoes, jewelry and watches on both desktop and mobile devices. We aspire to be the leader in fashion e-commerce and opportunistic on setting the standard. We develop features for browsing, search, detail page, and perform analytics to continuously improve the customer experience.
- Mobile Shopping team: focuses on Japan specific initiatives in the mobile space. We work on features across all mobile platforms including mobile web, tablet, and phone applications. Our projects address two areas of customer need: invention and acceleration. We invent and innovate in areas that are specific to the Japanese mobile marketplace and work to accelerate the international expansion of globally beneficial mobile features.
- Vendor Tools Experience team: supports the many vendors who sell on Amazon with best-in-class tooling and data, so they can be successful growing their businesses on Amazon.
- Amazon Points team: is focused on providing a best in class loyalty points program for all product categories on Amazon.co.jp. In addition to working on the Points Platform, our team integrates and works with all of Amazon’s key systems including search, product detail pages, shopping cart, order pipeline, and customer service.
- Japan Delivery Experience team: brings the best possible delivery experience to our Japan customers, ensuring safe, efficient and timely delivery of products to customers all over Japan.
- Japan Consumer Experience team: accelerates feature and global programs, innovation, and, where appropriate, local differentiation across all of our existing and emerging international locales. We make sure that each of our websites is a thoughtful combination of Amazon known best practices and unique last mile engineering driven by our Japan customers’ needs. Our work spans the technology stack from front-end customer experience to back-end service technology and has very high visibility to senior leadership with small teams owning high impact projects.