Amazon Prime is one of the most key, strategic programs in Amazon. We are looking for a Business Analyst, motivated self-starter that can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The Business Analyst will get the exciting opportunity to work on very large data sets in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. The Business Analyst will analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world problems; and build metrics, business cases, and standard reports around key Prime team initiatives, such as Prime, Prime Student, Deals and Amazon Points. You will work closely with the business and technical teams in analysis on many non-standard and unique business problems and use creative-problem solving to deliver actionable output. Your work will have a direct impact on the long and short term decision making in the Prime team.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, have an extremely high level of customer focus and passion for process improvement, and demonstrate the ability to execute the required skills, influence, educate, and drive results in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and work across Prime team to make actionable intelligence available to business stakeholders.
- Automate reports and metrics creation process.
- Develop an intimate understanding of key business inputs and outputs, and identify and speak to gaps, trends, and insights.
- Design and implement reporting solutions enabling stakeholders to manage the business and make effective decisions.
- Support and advise the business by providing supporting data for decision making.
- Lead ad hoc data retrieval and analysis by using internal and external databases
- Support cross-functional teams on the day-to-day execution of projects and initiatives.
Professional traits that is not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Strong results orientation and thinks big
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles including written and oral communication skills
- Should be able to work with business customers in understanding the business requirements and implementing solutions to support analytical and reporting needs