Program Manager, Amazon Prime Video JP
Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, offering two ways to instantly stream and watch videos. We are looking for customer obsessed, data driven entrepreneurs to join our growing team and solve some of the hardest problems for our customers. If you want to operate at start up speed, solve some of the hardest problems and build a service which customers love, Amazon Video might just be the place for you.
Amazon Prime Video team is looking for a bright, analytical, driven, technology process-oriented and creative candidate to join our CAM Operations team as Program Manager. This role will mainly focus on two big areas: Costing Program and Content Programming. This position will primarily be focused on the prior, where this manager will manage costing data related to our license agreements and will be responsible for, among other tasks, translating complex agreements with content providers into standardized metadata; sourcing projected content performance data from internal tools and building processes to streamline the delivery of data to internal Amazon teams and systems downstream. This role will also be responsible for supporting our licensing efforts and will manage our contractual rights and partner relationships outside of deal negotiation. S/he will liaise with other Amazon digital video teams within Amazon (catalog operations, marketing, etc.) to manage the execution of our content license agreements. Additionally, this position will support the larger content licensing team with partner reporting and ad hoc data requests.
The ideal candidate will enjoy defining new processes, successfully and consistently deliver results, and working cross-functionally to drive automation and scale. At the same time, he/she is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to simply get the job done. The Program Manager should be highly proficient in Excel, have strong attention to detail and polished communication skills and ideally from a program management, finance, or accounting background.
This position is based in Tokyo, but will work with teams across the globe.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to drive process improvements
- Develop operational plans to improve, or preferably eliminate, manual processes
- Investigate and propose solutions to fix any systematic problems and address such issues proactively
- Work with technical teams to identify real-world user problems, and provide business and technical requirements to automate solutions with technology
- Educate peers and management on processes and expectations to meet production goals and objectives
- Enter contract metadata into internally developed tools
- Set up new partners for payment
- Respond to partner payment inquiries, working with accounts payable to resolve
- Turn content license agreements into standardized metadata for internal consumption
- Manage title schedules and communicate key dates to stakeholders
- Partner with content acquisition managers throughout the deal negotiation process to ensure we are securing the best content for our Prime Video customers under the most beneficial terms
- Identify opportunities to streamline, automate and scale processes
- Confirming content start dates with licensors