Amazon Video is changing the way people watch movies and TV shows, offering two ways to instantly stream and watch videos. In the US, customers can rent or buy more than 200,000 new release movies, next-day television shows, and classic favorites, or with an Amazon Prime membership, customers can have unlimited access to more than 40,000 titles for no additional charge.
We are looking for customer obsessed, data driven entrepreneurs to join our growing team and solve some of the hardest problems for our customers. If you want to operate at start up speed, solve some of the hardest problems and build a service which customers love, Amazon Video might just be the place for you.
Amazon.jp is seeking an experienced, dynamic content development executive to join the creative team at Amazon Japan and develop variety series (as Japan original content). The candidate should have previous development and production experience in visual media, a notable track record in creating content based on customer insights and target groups, extensive relationships with the Japanese talent agencies, producers and the wider creative community and a passion for innovation. The ideal candidate should have thorough knowledge of visual content, actual development and production experience and dedicated in working with creators to develop original series.
The role will have responsibility for understanding the target audience based on research and develop a pipeline of concepts aimed for original programming. The individual in this role will have had hands-on experience in creating variety shows, drama series or movies in Japan, must have an established rapport within the domestic creative community ranging from production companies, producers, talent agencies, studios and writers. The role will also be required to work with the Amazon Studios team in LA and leverage their learning/expertise.
Help create the future of Japanese digital entertainment with Amazon. The role’s responsibilities include:
- Find, identify, evaluate and develop concepts, pilots and shows aligned with a customer target group
- Assess pilot proposals, scripts, and pitches; work with writers and artists to develop series ideas; staff, cast and produce programs in a cost-efficient and timely way.
- Supervise and own the delivery of the series once in production and provide guidance.
- Work with the content insights team to understand customers and the target group. Focus on understanding customer needs, pain points, behaviors and preferences.
- Work with merchandising/marketing/PR teams to promote to customers.
- Build and manage relationships studios, production companies and talent agencies as well as the wider creative community.