Prime Video is seeking a Customer, Content, and Competitive Research Manager,
to drive insights around the streaming video landscape in Japan (customers, competitors, market, and content).
As the Research Manager, you will invent and own research programs to provide insight on the holistic video market in Japan: customer types and behavior, the competitive situation in the market, and content related research. You will partner with internal senior business leaders, the different benchmarking team, content production teams, and external research agencies to understand the needs of the business, develop ongoing programs to drive insights, conduct customer research, and deliver strategic recommendations to senior leaders. This role sits on the Prime Video Strategy and Planning team. The insights you generate will act as direct inputs into our strategy—affecting content, creatives, marketing plans, and possibly tech roadmaps.
The successful candidate will have experience in developing and managing complex customer insights research for a consumer brand. The candidate must have demonstrated sound business judgment and be able to think strategically and creatively, while at the same time have a proven track record of analytical thinking and problem-solving skills. Keys to success include exceptional analytical, communication, writing, and project management skills, along with a focus on details and a drive for improvement. Responsibilities:
- Identify Research Needs Understand the current and future video streaming problems in Japan and projects aimed at providing solutions, create hypotheses, and translate inputs into analysis requirements to identify meaningful insights.
- Customer Research & Analytics Design, execute, and manager customer research to measure customer perceptions and sentiments, and identify opportunities to generate needle-moving initiatives.
- Program Management: Scope alignment with local and international business leaders. Design studies; drive data collection, data analysis, and recommendations; and present results to senior management
- Stakeholder Management: Build strong relations with stakeholders to understand priorities, define the roadmap, and collaborate on ongoing needs
- Own Customer Analysis Frameworks: Own and improve our data-based frameworks for understanding customers