Amazon Search creates powerful, customer-focused search and advertising solutions and technologies. Whenever a customer visits an Amazon site worldwide and types in a query or browses through product categories, our systems go to work. We design, develop, and deploy high performance, fault-tolerant distributed search systems used by millions of Amazon customers every day.
We are seeking an experienced, talented, energetic and self-driven individual to join our Search Infrastructure team. Search Infrastructure comprises a set of massively scaled, highly available distributed web services, utilizing and continually evolving the latest technologies and techniques. These services provide the Indexing and core Search Engine technologies that power Amazon's product search capabilities.
As a Software Engineer, you will:
- Evolve and grow world-class Amazon search platform deployed across tens of thousands of machines serving hundreds of millions of daily requests while simultaneously handling hundreds of millions of product updates worldwide.
- Immerse yourself in imagining and providing cutting edge solutions to large scale information retrieval problems.
- Have a relentless focus on scalability, latency, performance robustness, and cost trade-offs -- especially those present in highly virtualized, elastic, cloud-based environments.
- Stay ahead of the cyber security curve by designing security models and features for an essential part of one of the world’s most trusted shopping platforms.
- Apply scientific analysis and mathematical modeling techniques to predict, measure and evaluate the consequences of design decisions and the ongoing success of our platform.
- Work alongside a dedicated operations team to ensure smooth 24x7 operations of our world-wide services.
- Directly participate in setting team visions and goals in alignment with business and market needs.
- Have access to the cutting-edge technologies, vast technical tools and resources across the company.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll be part of a small, close-knit team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. You’ll help analyze customer behavior, propose ideas and solutions during sprint planning, implement big ideas, and then measure the results. Engineers on our team have proposed ideas that have impacted millions of customers and generated millions of dollars in revenue. Outside of work, we have frequent social events and we regularly get out of the office (rain or shine) to clear our heads and have some fun as a team.
If you have some big ideas and the drive to make things happen, we want to talk.