Amazon’s Selection Monitoring team is responsible for making the biggest catalog on the planet even bigger. We build software to find products not already sold on Amazon and algorithmically add them to the Amazon catalog. Our work involves building state-of-the-art Information Retrieval (IR) infrastructure, extracting structured-data from unstructured-content, automatic item classification, storage systems to hold the massive catalog and distributed systems of cloud-scale. We apply the state- of- the-art parallel processing and machine learning algorithms to evaluate millions of products every day and identify and prioritize new additions to Amazon’s selection efficiently. We constantly stretch the boundaries of cloud-scale distributed systems, elastic computing, big data, and SOA technologies to tackle business challenges of Amazon scale. If you are customer obsessed, driven, tenacious and analytical, you will have fun solving our business problems of unprecedented scale. You will develop deep technical expertise and learn designing large scale distributed, service-oriented systems. Come join us in our journey to make everything - and yes, we do mean *everything* - that anyone wants to buy, available on Amazon!
The ideal candidate will have excellent program management, problem solving and communication skills and be comfortable interacting with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels. In addition, the ability to work backwards and think about the program from a customer perspective is crucial.
You must be able to:
- Interact with Project Sponsors, other Technical Program Managers, and multiple development teams to define and deliver complex cross-functional projects.
- Run in front of the software development team, helping define user stories, research appropriate technical solutions, and provide guidance to the team regarding architecture, design, and priorities.
- Build and maintain a complete project schedule, make it constantly visible to management and key stakeholders, and drive it through to completion.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Engage with [many] other teams in the company, evangelizing the team and your project, building relationships and helping identify existing components and technologies that can be leveraged to deliver on our goals.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.