Amazon Search is building the search engine used for product search on the Amazon shopping site, worldwide. The team in Japan is involved in a range of areas with impact on the search engine globally, including the heuristics and machine learning systems used to generate and rank search results, natural language processing for many languages, and UX features of the search frontend.
We are looking for highly motivated engineers interested in delivering the next level of innovation to product search for Amazon. The position is based in the Amazon Japan Meguro (Tokyo) office.
As a Software Engineer for Search, you will lead the design, implementation and delivery of search features on Amazon worldwide, helping millions of customers every day to find quickly what they are looking for, and to discover products they didn't even know Amazon carried. Your improvements to the product search engine will include tailoring search for global marketplaces, using advanced techniques and tools to mine petabytes of data, and running experiments to detect important areas of improvement and measure success. You will be designing solutions, sometimes from the ground up, that scale to efficiently handle billions of queries and items each day. You will be working closely with international teams of bright and talented people all over the world, both in business and in technology. The software that you develop, supported by industrial scale development tools, integrates smoothly and efficiently into one of the largest code bases in the world and runs in data centers worldwide. By joining us, you will help to build up global development expertise in a team of engineers based in Tokyo working on solutions used locally, and worldwide.
Besides possessing excellent software engineering skills, you must be an innovative thinker and a strong communicator. Working in this position will involve collaborating with English speaking engineers in the US, Europe, China, India and other places.
Your areas of responsibility include:
- Designing and implementing new search features, such as user experiences for mobile web, mobile app and desktop. And any required business logic changes or service integrations
- Perform analysis of data and metrics relevant to the search experience
- Gathering search-technology related requirements from business owners, other tech teams, as well as by analyzing customer feedback
- Engaging in tech knowledge transfer with other teams
- Working with teams worldwide on global project
- The opportunity to work for a major online retailer
- An engaging work environment with excellent career opportunities
- A competitive salary including stock units and other benefit
Are you interested? We are looking forward to receiving your application. Please submit your application including your CV and cover letter in English. Don't forget to state your earliest start date