Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music and so much more.
Our team wants to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We focus on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience across our music apps, web player and all Alexa-enabled devices, including Amazon Echo products. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their daily lives.
We’re looking for an experienced content acquisition executive to join our team in Japan. In this role, you will collaborate with key content partners to ensure our customers always have access to the music they love. The Head of Content Acquisition will be responsible for developing our licensing strategy, securing new content and additional rights, and performing competitive monitoring. The ideal candidate will have experience negotiating complex licensing agreements, developing new business models, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment. Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key content providers at the decision-making level.
- Negotiate license agreements with content owners to improve and expand Amazon’s content offerings to customers.
- Collaborate with our Legal team to review contractual terms and conditions relating to content licensing agreements.
- Develop and document a licensing strategy, acquisition plans, financial metrics and goals for senior management.
- Monitor the competitive landscape to help inform strategic planning.
- Develop and analyze business models for new types of content.