Amazon strives to be the Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon is seeking for an experienced Sr. Program Manager
to support business operations in Amazon Japan mainly to drive pricing strategies. The role’s primary responsibilities are to identify, prioritize, and help drive pricing-related projects that will help us to maximize the effectiveness of pricing decisions through insightful analysis and customer experience. Other key role is to improve buyability, to ensure no products are dropping-off before it is listed on Amazon site, by analyzing the root cause and designing a mechanism to prevent and fix. Sr. Program Manager
will be responsible for executing strategic projects, knowledge sharing and influencing retail teams across JP, with strong bias for action in getting things done in internet time, whilst maintaining an analytical and process driven approach for prioritization and decision making. The role is very broad based and will require an individual who is motivated to make a big impact and excited to be part of a cross-category effort.
This position will be mainly working with diverse and fast growing business teams in Amazon, such as Retail Category team (Home, Toys, Sports, Automotive, Home Improvement and Business, Industrial & Scientific Supplies), US pricing team and other Product Line pricing teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identify, prioritize, and help drive pricing-related projects that impact many Life & Leisure categories
- Identify themes and strategic questions to help drive thought leadership against these questions
- Conduct analysis through hands on approach to data mining, and provide recommendations to pricing-related initiatives and tools
- Ensure L&L has efficient processes and work flows in place to support pricing activities, including tools and reporting
- Partner with global teams in designing, building, and deploying scalable improvement solution
- Learn and understand broad range of Amazon’s latest plans, reach out to relevant team and drive for L&L to be one of the early adaptor
- Ensure L&L is spreading and following best practices throughout JP