Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA.
Amazon seeks a Delivery Station (DS) Manager
to join our Japan Transportation
team. With the rapid growth of the company, it is essential to make continued investments in process improvement and technology. The goal of Amazon Transportation is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible. The DS Manager is a station leadership role and Japan Station Leaders are responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for an Amazon DS. Additional responsibilities include managing and leading a team of Operations, Area and Shift Managers, coaching and mentoring the team to ensure performance objectives are met, building positive employee relations and building leadership bench strength within the DS. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance, customer experience and people development for all delivery station operations
- Drives vision for station team and creation of quality initiatives, process change initiatives and other lean initiatives to enable their functional area and ultimately the DS to meet and exceed business plan
- Problem-solves for closing gaps between performance and goals
- Sets and clarifies requirements and expectations for Operations, Area and Shift Managers. Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Ops Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
- Manages an environment concerning the delivery of Amazon orders direct to our customers, subject to ever rising volume and complexity, operating on a 24/7 basis
- Manages day-to-day relationships with multiple Delivery Service Providers (DSPs)
- Presents operational metrics regularly to the senior leadership team
- Hires and develops top talent. Creates and implements a talent plan for the site including talent acquisition, performance and career management, learning and development, succession planning, and employee engagement
- Leverages the Operations, Area and Shift Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area
- Cultivates strong culture and engagement throughout all levels of the DS team
- Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
- Works with key business partners such as Transport & Sortation, DSP Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives in their area, as well as providing needed support and resources for other staff initiatives