Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
Amazon seeks a Sr. Specialist, Middle Mile (MM)
to join our Japan Transportation
team. With the rapid growth of the company, it is essential to make continued investments in process improvement and technology. The goal of Amazon Transportation is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible. This role is based in our corporate office and is for an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Sr. Specialist, MM.
The Sr. Specialist, MM will help Japan Transportation to manage, improve, and optimize the way parcels are shipped from our fulfillment centers and delivered to our customers. This role will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of an on-going program including volume planning and driving process improvements across various stakeholders from fulfillment centers, Amazon Middle Mile services, and delivery station operational teams. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoying working with large scale of data. Responsibilities
- Drive volume planning accuracy for weekly / daily station scheduling for Japan Delivery Stations and Exchange Points.
- Manage key forecasting KPIs to understand drivers of variances and working on systematic solutions with product management teams or on process improvement.
- Work with business teams across the company to define requirements and high level process/system solutions to scale the business.
- Lead and work with local business intelligence teams to build execution toolset to drive functional efficiency.
- Lead cross-functional business and development teams to drive improvement programs.
- Seeking and on-boarding new strategic carrier partners as well as managing our current carrier portfolio. Scope to include contract creation/modification and negotiation of terms.
- Designing and implementing metrics decks to drive performance improvement with our partner carriers. Completion of root cause analysis on all defects and using these data to drive continuous improvement activities.
- Responding with best in class service to internal clients (Retail/Fulfillment Centers) regarding costs, status of freight, availability of freight and exceptions to the schedule of freight.
- Creating and implementing improvements to our transportation network that deliver flexible and efficient products for our customers (such as expedited and high value freight options).