Inspired by mixing Fashion with Tech? Amazon Fashion is looking for a Product Manager (PM) to drive strategic initiatives from the tech and business angles.
At a high level, our team consists of PMs working on time-bound projects to 1) optimize/create the mechanisms underlying how we run our fashion business at Amazon and 2) improve how our customers shop fashion on Amazon. Our team members do so by devising scalable solutions and features that leverage tech, automation and centralized ops teams. The team works hand-in-hand with the 4 category teams (i.e., Apparel, Shoes, and Watches & Jewelry) and reports directly to the VP of Amazon Fashion in Tokyo.
The scope of work is purposely wide and evolves as a function of the candidate's strengths/interests as well as the needs of the team. We are recruiting talented, well-rounded individuals who are looking to stretch themselves until they understand all facets of running an online business. For instance, you could be driving a program on Catalog Quality while launching a customer-facing feature enhancing product discovery one day, and learn the ropes of Inventory Optimization while preparing the overhaul of our Promotion Strategy a few months later.
The role requires above all a hunger to learn, an ability to unblock yourself, and a data-driven mindset. Together with your team members, you will define internal-facing and external-facing problems, evaluate the possible solutions, and execute on programs that deliver impact on our Amazon Fashion team's effectiveness and/or the customer experience. Defining your path will require you to dive deep into data, keep apace with the work of our partner teams, and leverage a range of automated and semi-automated solutions. Your ability to navigate ambiguity and partner with decentralized teams spread across the world will be one of your strongest asset. Your team will also work with an embedded team of software developers that develop solutions tailored to the Japanese market's needs.
As a PM in our team, a typical day might include:
- Piece together different data sets from the data warehouse and extract insights that inform your project's path forward
- Draft a data-backed proposal to start a new initiative that will improve our customer experience
- Produce a project update report highlighting what works, what doesn't and associated corrective actions
- Define customer and/or business requirements that will serve as the basis for software development
- Run a monthly business review with senior Amazon leaders that will produce the action items you need for your projects to move forward
- Serve as subject matter expert and answer questions from senior leadership in Japan
- Ingest new roadmap and project update documents coming from your partner teams
- Sync up via video conference because you detected an opportunity to collaborate with a new team