On September 20th 2017, Amazon.co.jp announced the launch of “Amazon Business”, a new marketplace to meet the procurement needs of businesses of every size – from small business to large multi-national organization, as well as institutional buyers like universities, schools and public offices. “Amazon Business” customers benefit from a range of business-tailored features such as Pay by Invoice, and reporting and analytics to gain visibility into how their business is spending. Business can take advantage of business-exclusive pricing and quantity discounts, and Business Prime Shipping. All of this is added to the selection, convenience and value customers expect from Amazon.
In order to address business customers’ needs across industries, we need to not only leverage global platform but also provide customized solutions to the customers.
The Senior Product Manager has a responsibility for ensuring customer experience for targeted segment of customers throughout a product/program lifecycle –i.e., s/he identifies opportunities and gaps in products/programs, defines requirements, verify products/programs working with stakeholders like Sales team and Global Product Management team and drive the launch of additional & new initiatives. Products/programs are mainly focus on enhancement of customers’ experience for registration process, purchasing/shopping, delivery, payment, integration solution for enterprise customers’ e-procurement/ERP system, and other required products for specific segments such as education/government. This position will be responsible for one of these areas. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess voice of customers, identify business opportunities, articulate required customer experience and clarify Japan specific requirements.
- Define those business requirements working closely with sales team and research team, control product development projects and verify / localize products to ensure customer experience working with global product management / development teams.
- Work closely with global Amazon Business product management team to understand mid-long term roadmap and reflect Japan specific requirements to roadmap.
- Work with Legal, Accounting, Finance, Treasury, Compliance and Tax to assess requirements
- Keep leaderships updated on product roadmap, project status and issues / opportunities in products.