Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
AWS Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. We are seeking an experienced Operations Support Manager based in Seattle to lead a team of 15-20 Support Engineers providing world class support on all AWS offerings (http://aws.amazon.com/
). Our customer facing engineers resolve customer technical issues ranging from EC2 Linux general guidance to technical deep-dives for identifying and resolving complex Database Services (Redshift, Aurora MySQL) configuration and 3rd party integration issues. Support engineers also develop many of their own tools and interact heavily with their peers developing the offerings.
Key expectations of the AWS Support Manager include:
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift, ensuring the team is staffed and SLA commitments are met.
· Drive personnel management ensuring the engineers have what they need to provide best-in-class support.
· Influence Sr Support Engineers and development teams to improve the customer support experience.
· Propose, drive, and implement initiatives within the support organization to maximize the customer support experience.
· Prime both proactive and reactive customer engagements.