Amazon.co.jp is seeking a results-driven and innovative Sr HR Manager to drive the development and implementation of the HR strategies, working closely with Amazon’s fast growing business teams in Tokyo headquarters.
The primary role will be to actively partner with business leaders and their leadership teams to develop and execute HR strategies, plan interventions for new and ongoing business initiatives, support people and organizational development, take ownership on performance management and so on. The SR HR Manager in this role translates business priorities into HR strategies, balancing strategy with operational execution, rolling up one’s sleeves and utilizing data to drive decision making and deliver results. This SR HR Manager will work across functions to ensure that talent acquisition strategies align with business plans, career and skill development efforts yield measurable results and that core people processes operate with excellence. This role is accountable for coordinating key initiatives and projects, including efforts such as managing the annual people processes, driving talent management and development, and leading the employee engagement efforts. The SR HR Manager in this role will also partner with the leaders to provide change leadership and management coaching, as well as design and deliver management and employee training.
The role expects a demonstration of excellent communication skills, strategic thinking and planning ability, strong business acumen, and the agility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment.
This role leads a team of SR HR Manager and will report to the site HR leader. Key Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior management and the HR team to develop and implement HR strategies, plans and solutions that foster organizational and people effectiveness
- Partner with business on organizational design, workforce planning, succession planning, and skills assessment and development.
- Provide management coaching to front line managers and senior leaders.
- Demonstrate analytical capabilities and influence business partners with data-driven recommendations.
- Provide career guidance to employees and partner with management to ensure these employees are growing in their career aspirations.
- Partner with global HR teams to support business unit initiatives and global HR initiatives.
- Drive HR projects and key initiatives with global / local HR teams, design and deliver management training, review job families, design and create policies, process Kaizen projects and other key initiatives.
- Review and analyze business metrics including data on retention and employee experience in order to recommend systemic improvements.
- Hires & develops great people.
- Partner with the business to lead both annual and mid-year review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Provide compensation support including salary planning, approval of salary actions, promotions and job re-leveling.
- Engage with talent acquisition team to provide input and review progress against hiring targets.
- Work with line managers and employees to address all types of employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions. The person in this role must be able to interface effectively with professionals at all levels.