“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. We operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, Cloud Front and Simple DB, that powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
We want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. We do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. We're making history and the good news is that we've only just begun.
In 2006 Amazon launched the Amazon Web Services, giving customers access to the cloud technology that has been built to serve millions of shoppers on Amazon worldwide. Through the years, we have built hundreds of new services, onboard millions of customers, and expanded operations around the globe.
The Worldwide Business Partnering team is the primary business facing team within Finance Ops, ensuring that the services FinOps provide are ready to support business expansions, delivering world class service to our internal and external business customers, capitalize on Free cash Flow and P&L opportunities that often accompany rapid business growth, influence upstream process and system changes that are scalable in the long term for FinOps and internal stakeholders. The BP team is also engaged in scaling sustainability with established and new market launches with respect to OTC.
The position will closely with Business leaders in the AWS business in Japan and BP team in the Asia Pacific region. As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Business Partnering leader you are expected to:
- Partner with business teams to support product/s launch and enable business expansions as a core team member representing Finance Operations. Participate in developing long range plans with business.
- Maintain exceptional relationship with business stakeholders, and identify and resolve key business issues impacting finance operations ability to provide optimal customer experience
- Work with various technology teams to innovate, identify, and develop long term scalable technology solutions to support business growth.
- Work with business groups to understand business model & different finance processes, and be a strong voice of controllership and compliance to FinOps interconnected process owners. Build processes, define procedures and policies with strong focus on Controllership and Compliance.
- Identify and deliver improvements to free cash flow and operating margins through improvement in downstream results by eliminating upstream inefficiencies and defects.
- Liaise with Tax, Legal and Accounting teams to understand their requirements and incorporate them in Business Requirement document (BRD) while engaging with technology teams to translate business requirements into configurable design specs