***Please submit English Resume when you apply for this job.***
This is a rare opportunity to apply your leadership and analytical expertise to a subject you love: Video! JP Amazon Prime Video is seeking a Head of Customer Insights, Research & Analytics
to lead our Business Intelligence, CI and Analytics team to deliver transformational customer insights that drive marketing, content and product strategy for our JP streaming service. Since its launch in 2016, Amazon Video JP has seen explosive user growth driven by integration with the highly successful Amazon Prime subscription program and 3P devices. As the Head of CI, Research & Analytics, you will have the opportunity to work with a huge and rapidly growing data set generated by mobile, desktop and home video streaming application usage interactions and video consumption behaviors, with a charter to uncover insights that produce step-function growth in the Amazon Video JP subscription base.
We are looking for someone to lead and grow a talented team of analytics and data science professionals. This candidate will develop people, form strong working partnerships with business and technology leaders, plan and execute analytical roadmaps, formulate analytical strategies for solving business problems, and develop strategies to scale the impact of data through development of self-service analytical programs.
You should have superb analytical, technical, business and communication skills to be able to work with business and technology leaders to define and prioritize key business questions, build data acquisition processes, data sets, statistical models and analyses that answer those questions. This role requires an individual with exceptionally strong quantitative modeling skills and experience using statistical methods to produce actionable customer insights. The successful candidate will be a proven analytics leader who is comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior business and technology leaders to develop data-driven business strategy
- Deliver insights to help shape strategy across a wide spectrum of business and technology areas, including: customer acquisition, customer lifecycle, mobile application features, and video programming.
- Lead research and development of foundational business enablers, including: acquisition and lifecycle stage propensity models, customer segmentation models, experimentation metrics, marketing attribution models, and forecast and lift models.
- Oversee planning and execution of self-service analytics data infrastructure roadmap using Tableau
- Provide guidance and thought-leadership on analytical best practices to team members and business partners
- Partner with our Data Engineering team to build requirements for data infrastructure necessary to facilitate efficient analysis and reporting
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement
- MS degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Data Mining, or other quantitative field
- 10+ years of experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Science or other quantitative disciplines
- 5+ years of analytical people management experience
- Deep experience developing successful analytics-based solutions to business problems
- Proven track record of solving ambiguous and highly complex data problems.
- Proficiency using SQL to query large relational databases and ability to build and maintain processes to extract & integrate data from various sources
- Experience with statistical analytics tools such as R, Python, SAS, or STATA
- Exceptional critical thinking and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to explain technical concepts and analysis implications clearly to a wide and senior audience, and be able to translate business objectives into actionable