The Dash Button and Dash Replenishment Service (DRS) is an innovative new hardware/service offering, developed as a collaboration between the Amazon device organization, the hardlines and consumables retail businesses, and AWS. As part of the Alexa Smart Home division, the Dash mission is to develop highly differentiated shopping experiences for 1st- and 3rd-party connected devices and applications. Our goal is to deliver unparalleled convenience – we believe the best shopping experience for most everyday items is one where a customer doesn’t have to shop at all.
As a Sr. Product Marketing Manager you will drive sales and engagement of DRS devices. In this role, you will have the opportunity to craft the go to marketing strategy for third-party partners who have DRS embedded into their devices. You will be responsible for defining our positioning and messaging to customers, creating the most compelling content to help customers understand the use cases and value propositions, and building the right programs to increase awareness and adoption. You will also work with the Amazon Media Group (AMG), Smart Home, Devices, and Retail teams worldwide to shape the marketing offering for our top tier partners. You’ll get to work on a growing business and have a significant impact every day. You will conceive, propose, and sell new ideas, strategies, and concepts—and guide those projects to completion. In this role you will be expected to flex both your analytical and creative muscles and should be as comfortable with the marketing science as you are the marketing art, demonstrating the ability to appropriately use one to inform the other. You must be able to work at the strategic level (generating bold and innovative ideas for growth) and at the tactical level (optimizing campaigns with merchandising tools, analyzing traffic data and solving problems).
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, able to work effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at telling a story and delivering the campaigns that lead customers to consider and purchase devices and register them to DRS. The right person will thrive in tackling ambiguous business problems through data analysis, experimentation, and creative thinking. He/she will have experience delivering multi-channel campaigns aligned to all areas of the purchase funnel. Experience with digital marketing tactics such as email, display ads, social and affiliates is a plus.
- Create and execute awareness and acquisition initiatives, while setting and continuously managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional teams across the organization to identify and prioritize new opportunities to market DRS devices on Amazon owned and operated properties and on third-party sites, as appropriate
- Create program sales goals and related metrics, track progress and manage through obstacles to achieve business objectives
- Utilize traffic/sales data to continuously improve the conversion funnel, and exercise good judgment when all the data isn’t there
- Analyze current sales and engagement processes and evaluate opportunities to create best-in-class customer experiences, reduce costs and accelerate organizational performance
- Ideate, develop, and execute innovative cross-channel programs that drive increased sales and registration volume
- Utilize research data to ensure that the voice of the customer is present in product and sales decisions, measuring channel and sales effectiveness to optimize performance