Amazon is seeking a bright, motivated, and hardworking Studio Equipment Manager for our Shinagawa Apparel Studio. The ideal candidate should possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail and an ability to meet deadlines.
Daily responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and tracking of all photography equipment including cameras, lenses, lights, packs, stands, modifiers, grips
- Rapidly responding to equipment requests in the editorial and product bays.
- Meticulously maintain a spotless world-class equipment room. Clean equipment and digital sensors
- Maintain par level of spare systems and parts to ensure maximum productivity in each bay and potential additional bays during peak.
- Maintain equipment in good working order and send out equipment for repair as needed.
- Partner with Lead Digital Technician and Studio Manager to scope out and procure new capture systems.
- Assist IT and Lead Digital Technician to update capture stations with new software
- Develop and implement an asset management system to track equipment within the studio or that needs to be sent out for service
- Coordinating with photographers and other Digitechs to identify existing process bottlenecks and rapidly deploying scalable improvements
- Coordinating with software development team to implement continual system innovations
- Staying current with updates to imaging technology and computing platforms
- Consistently meeting production goals, standards, and deadlines
- Identifying and providing ideas for safety improvement
- Maintaining regular attendance and punctuality
- Adhering to strict, safety, quality, and production standards
- Cover photographers on set when needed.
- Manage bay lighting changes when requested.
- Develop relationship with external vendors for equipment purchases, rentals, and repairs.
- Manage rental requests, pickups, and returns as needed.
- Manage international shipping requests from other studios who request surplus equipment.
- Practice frugality in regards to equipment purchases.
- Coordinate with Procurement for relevant purchase requests.
- Coordinate with Creative Director on yearly Cap-Ex budget for equipment purchases, repairs, and rentals.
- Daily maintain bay readiness to ensure all bays are tidy and have all the necessary equipment for the day.