Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience, Amazon continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA.
Amazon seeks a Program Manager, Transportation
to join our Japan Transportation
team. With the rapid growth of the company, it is essential to make continued investments in process improvement and technology. The goal of Amazon Transportation is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible. This role is based in our corporate office and is for an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Program Manager, Transportation. The Program Manager, Transportation will manage several projects and drive these projects to successful on-time launch. This is an exciting opportunity to join an area which touches every aspect of Amazon’s wide range of businesses. Responsibilities
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Amazon’s products, business models, payment architecture and financial operations
- Support critical relationships with internal and external business partners
- Deliver moderately complex medium to large scale projects from initiation through delivery
- Streamline project delivery across Japan Transportation by standardizing project communications, execution and documentation, ensuring consistent, scalable global processes
- Gather requirements from appropriate business owners, writes clear and detailed functional specifications, prioritizes features and drives technical scoping as needed
- Assess and defines customer value or impact and criteria for measuring project success
- Drive continuous process improvement by collaborating with stakeholders on design of new solutions that enhance business performance and achieve established goals
- Ensure consistent and efficient execution of all functions across Japan Transportation by working closely with internal business partners and stakeholders to drive adoption and implementation of global standards, processes and programs
- Identify and evaluate potential risks/obstacles with minimal direction. Determines appropriate corrective action.