Amazon's mission is to be earth's most customer-centric company--and the Digital and Device Support Operations Manager is at the forefront of that mission.
We work towards a single goal: to ensure the best experience for our customers. To do that, we empower our people to think like owners and solve problems right the first time. As a team, we are focused on continuously improving and setting new standards in customer support. You need to love developing individuals at all stages of their careers, and not be afraid to get your hands dirty. You have to thrive in the type of environment that is constantly going and growing. In the words of Jeff Bezos’ “Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” Can you develop leaders, put out fires, and deliver on initiatives that involve senior leadership, all before lunch?
Most important, are you excited about new innovative technology?
If yes, then Amazon D2TS team may be the place for you.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage teams of 2-4 Tech Support Managers and over 200 Tech Support Associates; responsible for the overall direction and performance of the teams.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, training and motivating employees; planning, assigning and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; and effective conflict resolution.
- Effectively partners and builds productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership, and other departments.
- Manage the career growth and development of the TS Manager team by driving focus on Amazon’s Leadership Principles. Plays a critical role in building management depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within their organizational units, as well as serving as an outstanding role model.
- Work together with program team to prepare the operation for new products and services launch
- Solving complex customer service issues and proactively heading off negative service trends.
- Identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Understanding and correctly utilizing resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations
- Manages workflow, handles escalations, proactively engages resources to address issues, and effectively delegates workload across the leadership team.
- Participates on business leadership meetings; develops and drives strategies and programs which improve the competitive position and profitability of the organization.
- Drives creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, Lean/Kaizen activities, and other Change/Six Sigma initiatives.
This position requires a candidate who has the ability to stay focused and keep up with our continuous and fast-paced growth – all while motivating others to meet the daily challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong commitment to employee development (including an emphasis on selection and retention), as well as an exceptional level of dedication, motivation and intelligence. Strong communication skills as well as a strong technical and analytical aptitude are required.
The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon.com core business values and initiatives, and translate those into everyday CS practices. They will be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, high-energy environment and will display creative and analytical problem solving with an unrelenting passion for excellent customer service.