Earth’s Most Customer Centric Company is seeking a dynamic leader for our award winning customer service team. The Senior Manager of Support Services is responsible for championing the needs of customers throughout the company by the development and deployment of systems, tools, and mechanism that reduce customer effort. This position is the company role model of customer advocacy. To achieve this end, this senior manager has the responsibility for multiple teams located within Japan which includes having a close working relationship with operations, internal Amazon business teams, Supply Chain Management, Transportation, and Fulfillment Teams and the equivalent program teams worldwide. Responsibilities:
This role reports to the Director of Customer Services within Japan and is a direct member of the Senior Japan Customer Service Leadership team. This team is divided in to 5 segments: Business Engagement which includes the Voice of the Customer team and the New Business Intake team, the Voice of the Associate team which includes Knowledge Management, Training Content Development, Training operations, and Customer Self Services, and the Customer Experience team which includes programs related to Andon Cord, Concessions, CX experience, contact reduction, and a Tech team which includes CS technology products and program development and deployment.
Amazon Customer Priorities are summarized as:
- Advocate for the Customer
- Reduce Contacts
- Self Service
- Build world class human engagement with customers.
This is a critical leadership role that supports the expansive growth of Amazon Japan. This person will be responsible for the development and management of 5-9 direct reports with indirect reports of 50-100 people. This person must also demonstrate flexibility with their work hours based on the business needs. The ability to travel domestically and internationally is also required. Accountabilities
- Responsible for empowering the business teams with systems and institutionalized knowledge to understand the voice of the customer through data and anecdotes that leads to an output of contact reduction, better CX expereince and business development.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and delivering on a CS Intake process that allows Amazon businesses to build CS processes for launches with an output of meeting launch readiness deadlines set by the business teams with customer centric processes that result in lower than expected customer contacts.
- Responsible for the development of automated defect detection and elimination processes like the Andon Cord and concession reduction.
- Responsible for developing a proactive mapping of the customer journey and its impact on the customer experience and contact volume. This responsibility is achieved by working proactively with cross functional teams to remove waste and effort from the customer experience with a reduction in defects and contact volume.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining processes and mechanisms for the detection of real time escalations and the resolution across business lines with an output of reduced outages or impact to the customer experience.
- Responsible for the development of all training materials and the effective support and delivery of training for all owned and partner sites across the Amazon JP portfolio.
- Take accountability for quality measurement and performance of new hires; provide functional leadership to the quality departments in each Amazon JP and partner operated sites.
- Set KPI’s in line with achieving Amazon's vision and ensure that all sites are equipped with the appropriate materials and support to deliver continuous systematic performance improvement.
Self Service Systems and Technologies
- The development and deployment of self service options for customers with an output of reducing customer effort and eliminating the need for human support, when appropriate. This includes the Amazon Help Pages, but also the creation and deployment of innovative technologies like machine learning and dynamic search to reduce customer effort.
- Responsible for a technology team that can work with the global tech teams that build tools, products, and services that can be deployed on time within the Japan marketplace with the relevant localized requirements.
- Responsible for Tech (SDE) Software Development Engineers that can build and deploy software technologies that enhances the customer’s experience when buying products and services with reduced effort and friction.