Amazon Fashion in Tokyo is looking for a Product Manager (PM) to drive strategic projects from the tech and business angles.
The team consists of PMs working on time-bound programs to 1) optimize/create the mechanisms underlying the JP Fashion business, and 2) improve the customer experience. They do so by applying a combination of technical and business expertise to devise solutions that leverage tech/automation and centralized ops teams.
The scope of work is purposely wide and evolves as a function of the candidate's strengths/interests and the needs of the team at any given point in time. We are recruiting talented generalists who are looking to stretch themselves until they understand all facets of running a Retail online business. For instance, you could be driving a program on Catalog Quality while launching a customer-facing feature facilitating the shopping experience one day, and learn the ropes of Inventory Optimization while preparing the overhaul of our Promotion Strategy a few months later.
The role requires above all a hunger to learn, strong ownership, and a quantitative mindset. Together with your team members, you will identify opportunities for improvement, scope and execute programs, and report their impact on the larger team's effectiveness and on the customer experience. Your team will rely on a set of levers including large dataset analysis, offshore ops resources, and a range of automated and semi-automated solutions to reach your milestones. Your ability to navigate ambiguous environments and partner with decentralized teams spread across the world will be one of your strongest asset. Your team will also work with an embedded team of software developers that develop solutions tailored to the Japanese market's needs. Job Description Responsibilities:
- Uncover data insights, analyze and define program specifications
- Drive programs that you own to maximize outcome
- Produce status/progress reports including the key metrics defining success
- Identify opportunities to raise the bar of the customer experience at Amazon
- Define business requirements that will serve as the basis for new software development
- Lead across a complex landscape of stakeholders, both internal and external to the Fashion team