At Amazon, we aim to become Earth’s most Customer-Centric Company and continue to innovate the way we engage with our customers through various marketing programs. Two critical missions for the Consumer Marketing team in Japan are 1)to innovate our marketing programs to drive traffic and make Amazon the ultimate shopping and entertainment destination for customers in Japan (and potential customers in outbound nations) and 2)to provide the best-in-class customer experience with highly personalized engaging marketing programs to help our customers make purchase decisions.
The Customer Insight Analytics Manager plays a critical role in realizing both missions. Areas of responsibility include managing the requirements for quantitative analytics and leading the creation of Amazon Japan’s Customer Insight Strategy and Roadmap. It is essential to translate the customer insights into actionable next steps and engage with various marketing teams to further improve/accelerate our marketing programs. More specific responsibilities include 1)executing customer analytics to discover additional insights in various aspects of the Japan business (eg: New-to-Amazon & Prime customer behavior, Mobile engagement) and 2)leveraging the insights and work with various stakeholders to ensure the discovered insights to be actioned. This will play a pivotal role in ensuring our customer backwards approach through quantitative data mining of customer signals, and/or championing “voice of the customer” in our business decision making. This role owns delivery of high quality actionable analytics outputs and requires working extensively with stakeholders in defining and executing quantitative analytics studies, dissemination of analytics outputs, translating them into impactful actions while building a partner ecosystem to support these quantitative analytics initiatives.
This position is expected to champion the understanding of consumer and category dynamics to inform business strategies across key stakeholder groups in and outside of Japan advocating for the voice of JP customers on behalf of the entire JP business. The impact of this role is significant and broad, directly/indirectly accounting for Amazon’s mission of striving to be Earth’s most customer centric company. The position reports to Head of Customer Insight Strategy, JP Consumer Marketing.
Job responsibilities include the followings:
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a format that will support decision making and actions
- Championing “voice of the customer” in our business decision making, while proactively engaging with the key stakeholder groups in and outside of Japan advocating for the voice of JP customers on behalf of the entire JP business.
- Plan, execute, and deliver high quality analysis outputs by working extensively with stakeholders in defining and executing studies.
- Innovate the way Amazon communicates with our customers in Japan, not just for current marketing channels but future engagement platforms in multi-device, multi-channel, and multi-modal touchpoints.
- Help Amazon meet or exceed goals in sales, profitability, new customers, and sign up volume for various customer benefit programs.
- Work with Consumer Marketing finance team to pursue further upside opportunities.
- Work closely with technology teams worldwide, in areas of Consumer Marketing Analytics, Mobile engagement, and various Marketing Platforms. Make sure the company’s infrastructure, architecture, and site features support and enhance the effectiveness of Consumer Marketing team’s programs.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence Engineer/Data Scientist worldwide in order to seek a better customer segment, attributes and behavioral characteristics for our business growth
- Proactively learn and share best practices, both within Japan and worldwide. Be in touch with research being conducted around the world and contribute Japan best practices.