Hey – there’s a revolution going on! A revolution in digital entertainment. Every day millions of people around the world choose to be more thoughtfully entertained, informed and educated by listening to fascinating stories and all forms of fictional and non-fictional content on their smartphones and other mobile devices.
The Senior Manager, Original Content JP will be part of Audible’s vision for original content production and pilot/prototype-driven approach to testing and learning in a rapidly growing and fast-moving environment. The Senior Manager, Original Content JP will develop a program of original content in Japan, help shape production standards and best practices and be “hands-on” with the projects they develop and manage.
We’re looking for the right combination of distinctive editorial judgment, high emotional intelligence, and excellent organizational and time management skills. The Producer of Original Content will have a love for great audio and storytelling, want to push boundaries and discover new things, as well as possess a deep understanding of why great audio programs work and how to foster greatness in their projects. Main responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a sustainable strategy for Audible’s Original Content for the Japanese market segment, in alignment with consumer preferences and our marketing strategy to support the growth of the audio entertainment category.
- Own and control the financial planning and results for all original content projects
- Lead the creation of new original audio programs (e.g. dramatizations, series, etc.).
- Extend our external partner network within the Japanese creative community (e.g. producers, writers, actors, etc.) and other relevant internal and external business partnerships.
- Participate in the strategic and tactical development of our international Original Content efforts with your peers from the international Audible market places inside and outside of Japan.