Amazon Product Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for an experienced and accomplished Digital Photography Technician. Successful candidates will be self-starters, strong communicators, very detail-oriented and have a passion for photography with a portfolio demonstrating technical proficiency in digital imaging or video production. The Digital Photography Technician will be responsible for metrics related to image quality and production, engaging with senior members of the imaging staff, clients, and internal customers to ensure the highest technical standards are maintained. The incumbent will bring efficiency and innovation to high volume photographic workflows through advanced computer skills.
· Drive high-volume work in one or more post production processes including but not limited to: video editing, image retouch, and design; ultimately owns the technical quality of the final output
· Catalog, name, crop, color manage, and, when necessary, spot retouch a high volume of image assets under tight deadlines
· Tracks the records, licenses, inspections, warantees, and service agreements for the organization's equipment and tools using defined systems.
· Removes equipment risks, overseas repair and maintenance, Tracks/diagnoses problems with equipment that needs to be sent out for repair.
· Covers photographers on set when needed
· Collaborates with photographers and other digital technicians on projects, improvements, and planning resources
· Performs quality verification style guide and communicates defects for rework
· Indicates post production needs for asset retouch under photographer’s direction
· Verifies color accuracy and performs corrections as needed
· Manages completed studio asset delivery to post-production team
· Resolves customer/vendor related problems and quality issues related to digital assets.
· Develops and trains others on technical guides, SOPs, style guides and imaging tools
· Supports site-specific software troubleshooting, maintenance, user account issues and escalates to IT with support from senior staff
· Coordinate with software development team to implement continual system innovations
· Supports well-defined hardware troubleshooting and rapid IT escalations to the appropriate party
· Acts as POC for post-production related problems, monitors rejections and works with relevant studio teams to drive them down.
· Creates documentation of SOPs and maintains knowledge management tools such as company related documentation and shared drives
· Continuously learns, seeks mentors, and shares knowledge with other team members
· Look for process improvement opportunities to streamline, increase productivity, or reduce defects; define and implement projects to address those needs
· Utilize appropriate digital asset management techniques to track products between photography bays
· Ensure Imaging standards are maintained