Do you get a thrill out of closing a good deal? Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help establish Amazon as a key technology platform provider? If this describes you, how would you like to own driving the deals for the Infrastructure Team at Amazon and help decide our strategy as we grow?
As a network planning manager within Infrastructure, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to expand and build out our infrastructure inclusive of fiber, transport and transit. You will own where we go, how we get there, and then negotiate the contracts needed to get us moving. The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CXO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with data center and Network engineers. He/she should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to negotiate multimillion-dollar contracts from a business and technical perspective for infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Infrastructure Business Development team in helping to drive overall Infrastructure strategy.
- Understand the infrastructure market segments, customer base, and industry verticals.
- Interface with key internal stakeholders (e.g. product teams, Networking, Data Center Engineering, legal, tax, , etc.) to obtain their requirements and drive vendors to adhere to these key elements.
- Interface with data center providers to drive equipment and circuit installations.
- Negotiate key contracts from a business and technical perspective.
- Understand the technical requirements of our engineering teams and negotiate a deal that solves their requirements as well as the business objectives.
- Understand fiber deployment types and insure that diversity requirements that are required are met.
- Good technical understanding of transport technologies (Fibre, DWDM, etc.)
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new deals.
- Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal group.
- Develop long-term strategic partnerships in support of our key markets.
- Handle ad-hoc incoming inquiries and qualify them as potential vendors or partners.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Familiar with routers and the ability work with them at a high level (provisioning) a plus.
- Familiar with Lease and Real Estate acquisition a plus.
For more information, please visit: http://aws.amazon.com