Amazon.co.jp is looking for Senior Product Manager for Amazon Prime Student, responsible for driving Amazon Prime Student Program in product management, marketing, and business development. If you are looking for a highly strategic role with a big business impact, and passionate about inventing on behalf of our customers, this position is for you.
Jeff Bezos’ 2015 letter to shareholders called out Prime as one of Amazon’s three big offerings. Amazon launched Prime in 2005 in the US, and 2007 in Japan. Prime started with delivery benefits, and added digital benefits such as Prime Video, Prime Music, Kindle Owner’s Library, and Prime Photo. Amazon Prime Student Program launched in Japan in 2012, offering 10% Amazon Points for books, in addition to Prime’s delivery benefits. Amazon Prime Student Program evolved and grew in tandem with Prime, adding a suite of Prime’s digital benefits. Today, Amazon Prime Student have become an all-you-can-eat, physical-digital hybrid that members love. We want Amazon Prime Student to offer such a good value and you would be irresponsible not to be a member.
The responsibility include product planning and management, member acquisition and engagement, and negotiation with partners, as well as strategy development. The position reports to Senior Manager, Amazon Prime Student, who oversees overall Amazon Prime Student business. Key Responsibilities:
- Create the vision of Prime Student program. Deeply understand customer needs and design a program that meets customer needs.
- Assess growth potential of Amazon Prime Student Program, identify untapped opportunities, and develop action plans to address them.
- Manage projects and drive execution for Student products and services as a business project manager, partnering with Worldwide Student team and the technology team.
- Define business requirements for the program. Work closely with the technology teams to define the roadmap of features of Prime Student program.
- Set the direction of user experiences design of the program.
- Improve awareness of Amazon Prime Student Program among target audiences.
- Benchmark against other Amazon locales as well as competitors, identify gaps and create plans to close them.
- Drive partnership deals and sponsorships with external partners for Amazon Prime Student Program.
- Work with Senior Manager, Amazon Prime Student, in developing strategy for Amazon Prime Student Program to address customers’ needs and scale the business.