The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Worldwide Financial Services team is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our fast-paced team and help drive AWS adoption in the Financial Services industry in Japan.
As a Financial Services Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to be part of a team focused on increasing technology adoption of cloud computing by engaging with executives and influencers at all levels. You will work closely with teams across AWS to build relationships with financial institutions, from FinTech startups to the largest global financial entities in the world.
Strategically, AWS Financial Services (FSI) Project Managers are part of the Business Development team and seek to understand the needs of Financial Services customers, the overall trends in the industries, how customers define success, and ensure that we are exceeding expectations in developing and delivering valued industry solutions. Project Managers play an active role in developing business cases, analyzing project goals, creating plans to achieve those goals, and then driving the AWS team members, stakeholders/SMEs and potentially other third-parties to achieve those goals while addressing industry-specific execution challenges.
Tactically, AWS FSI Project Managers are responsible for managing project scope, schedule, and resources. Our FSI Project Managers leverage AWS’s delivery methodology to manage project teams made up of both business and technical resources. They leverage their management and leadership capabilities to identify and manage risks, resolve issues and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion.
Through their understanding of their customers, their solutions, and the key solutions vendors and system integrators who deliver those solutions, Project Managers build the knowledge and experience needed to position themselves to potentially become Business Development Managers on the team, who define and develop our industry strategies. At AWS, we love to grow our own and are looking for candidates who can take on greater responsibilities to progress with our team. Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the Business Development team in helping to drive AWS marketing, sales, and technical strategies for the financial services industry
- Participate in business case development, project goal creation and analysis, and in the creation of execution plans for achievement
- Manage project scope, schedule, and resources
- Create strategic business development plans for identified opportunities and ensure these plans are in line with the AWS strategic direction
- Execute tactical business development plans while working closely with internal stakeholders including business development managers, sales teams, solution architects, professional services and support teams, legal and contract teams, and the AWS service teams
- Identify and manage risks, resolve issues, and escalate where appropriate to drive projects to successful completion
- Understand the unique technical requirements of financial services customers and work closely with the internal development teams to guide the direction of our product offerings for our largest and most complex customers
- Understand and exploit the use of Salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems for campaign tracking and pipeline management