Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to partner with the Delivery Experience team in Japan. Delivery Experience (DEX) has responsibility for customer facing shipping policies for Amazon. The vision of the Delivery Experience and Programs organization is that everyone in the world is inspired to shop at Amazon because our delivery offers improve their lives, making the Earth’s largest selection available when, where and how they want it. The DEX portfolio includes Prime shipping benefits, non-Prime free shipping, specialty programs for items that are unusually large/heavy (e.g. Scheduled Delivery) or unusually small and inexpensive (Add-on Items), programs that increase delivery convenience incentives to choose delivery offers (e.g. No-Rush), and shipping prices.
The Finance Manager will have the opportunity to work on strategic initiatives and to expand shipping programs and shipping revenue, increase customer adoption and help achieve strategic financial performance goals. The role will also be responsible for all aspects of DEX finance in JP including evaluation on new delivery program launches, changes to existing programs and controllership for the business. An ideal candidate will have a proven ability in thinking strategically, solving ambiguous problems and maintaining a firm handle on the details while being a self-starter and capable of working very autonomously. An understanding of elasticity, and familiarity with transportation economics will all be value-add in the role. Additional responsibilities include business and financial forecasting, determination and monitoring of success metrics, and ad hoc financial support.
This position will be based at Japan headquarters in Tokyo and will report to the Senior Finance Manager Worldwide DEX, based in Seattle.
- Creating, improving, and maintaining financial models to evaluate delivery programs and shipping options
- Partnering with leaders in across Delivery Experience, Transportation and Operations
- Gathering analytical insights and develop financial frameworks to help grow profitability
- Driving the core financial processes for the category including Annual Operating Plan, 3 year Strategic Plan and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
- Completing cost / benefit analyses and communicating key drivers / inputs to support business decisions.
- Performing financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling
- Facilitating financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management
- Creating, improving, and maintaining financial metrics, reports and scorecards
- Communicating financial and business results including variance analyses to senior business leaders worldwide