Amazon.co.jp is looking for a big thinking leader of Amazon Points. Senior Manager, Amazon Points is responsible for strategy formulation, business planning, management of products and technical roadmap, and marketing for Amazon Points. If you are looking for a highly strategic role with a big business impact, and passionate about customer experience, this position is for you.
Amazon Points program is Amazon’s rewards program, currently offered exclusively in Japan. Amazon Points is one of Amazon’s most strategic initiatives in Japan where sizable segment of customers is passionate about points. The program aims to drive customer engagements, and drive growth of business, spanning consumer products (e.g., books, electronics, sporting goods, fashion and food) and digital products (e.g., Kindle books). The ideal candidate possesses a highly strategic mindset, excellent business judgment, strong analytical skills, and deep insights into needs of customers and business. The candidate should also be able to manage technology roadmaps for Points, collaborating with technology teams. This role is inherently cross-functional – required to work closely with key stakeholders including retail categories, marketing, and technology teams. This position reports to Vice President, JP Prime and manages the Amazon Points business team, comprising a Product Manager, Marketing Manager, and Site Merchandiser. Key Responsibilities
- Establish the vision, goals, and the strategy for Amazon Point Program.
- Innovate Amazon Point program on behalf of customers. Make the program a powerful tool for pricing, promotion, customer acquisition, and engagement.
- Deeply understand customer needs of point program, and design a program that meets customer needs.
- Manage technology roadmaps collaborating with Amazon Points technology team based in Japan.
- Define business requirements for the program, including rules for earning and redeeming points. Manage product development for Amazon Points.
- Work closely with category teams and identify category-specific requirements to make sure the program contributes to all JP categories and businesses.
- Conduct studies of point users and market segment. Benchmark against key competitors, identify feature gaps and improvement opportunities. Formulate service and product strategies based on the findings.
- Develop marketing action plans to drive adoption of Amazon Point among Amazon.co.jp customers.
- Plan and coordinate special point campaigns. Analyze the campaign performance, and develop plans for new features and enhancements of the program.
- Share best practice of Amazon Point program execution with Worldwide counterparts.