Interested in Amazon Alexa? The Speech and Language Technology team aims to create a delightful experience for Amazon’s customers by making Alexa understand any spoken request quickly and accurately. You will collaborate closely with experts in machine learning and human language technology, and contribute to advancing the state of the art in human language understanding systems.
We’ve solved many complex problems to get to where we are today, but there are still plenty of challenges ahead of us, and Alexa is getting smarter every day. The problems we solve in the Cambridge Speech & Language Technology team help Alexa get smarter by understanding the different ways people talk and by responding in the most natural way possible in multiple languages.
As Technical Project Manager you will lead cross functional teams from design through to delivery, managing all related timelines. This position involves regular communication with senior management on status, risks and change control. Cross-team coordination and project management skills are essential. In this role you will:
- Own and manage how customer needs translate into algorithm design and model development
- Use your expertise in human language technologies and software development to drive improvements in accuracy, internal processes, and end-to-end voice experience quality
- Drive deliverables such as automatic speech recognition (ASR) and natural language understanding (NLU) models and implementation of new algorithms into production systems
- Data-driven analytics and ability to write your own tools as needed for driving future research directions
- Drive consistent results and customer impact across the scientific teams