Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impacts the daily business decisions at Amazon? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you like getting "scrappy" with data to answer challenging product and customer behavior questions?
Amazon Appstore is seeking an outstanding Business Intelligence Engineer to join Appstore Japan team in Tokyo. We are working to build the next generation of services and marketing strategies that will delight our mobile apps/games customers. As a BI Engineer in Appstore team, you will create data assets and conduct statistical analyses which deliver business insights and enable data-driven decisions for our marketing, product and business development.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is a passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be expected to work with business stakeholders to understand the problems they need to solve and design the appropriate solution. You will work closely with our marketing teams to leverage your expertise in data-driven decision making to guide our investment strategy.
You will need to collect new data in order to produce 360 degree views of our customers, analyze the results, form strategic opinions, and then publish the data out to all interested teams. The Appstore business constantly aspires to improve our data-driven decision making and demands that business intelligence is available in a timely, accurate, and actionable manner. You will work cross-functionally with various teams such as marketing, product, business development, finance and data engineering team to translate business questions into quantitative models, and translate data into business insights. You are expected to work with international colleagues to bring business impact not only to Japan but also to world-wide. Responsibilities
· Analyze and solve business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Make business recommendations (e.g. cost-benefit, forecasting, and experiment analysis) for leadership and marketing with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
· Demonstrate thought leadership and assist the team to understand how to think the business, instead of just answering to the questions asked.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources, methodologies and tools. Know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
· Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with product managers and engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Appstore products.
· Partner with statisticians, data scientists and economist to make fact based decisions on marketing and product programs to increase profitability, retention, and engagement.
· Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
· Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.