Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it’s knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are *the* trusted business advisors. We employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we’ll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Your know how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know how to find details that make all the difference, and which ones don’t add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time. Job Responsibilities include:
- Collecting, analyzing and reviewing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to drive business improvement and cost reductions
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the FC improve and create new measures for site productivity
- Assist with development, and implementation of policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
- Assist in the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and improving the use and ease of interpretation by your Operations partners
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
- Proven ability to learn how to handle competing priorities while providing level-headed decision making during unexpected events