Program Manager, Payment Acceptance and Experience, Japan
Amazon’s Consumer Payments Japan organization is seeking an experienced program manager who is passionate about overseeing all payment methods that Amazon Japan provides for customers, in terms of 1) Access to Amazon, 2) Costs of Payments, and 3) Paying Customer Experience. In this role, working closely with Payment Acceptance Product Manager, you will be responsible for owning initiatives that relate to all existing Amazon Japan Payment methods such as Credit Card, Convenience Store Payment, and Mobile Carrier Billing etc. You manage the relationship with external payment partners, by hearing their needs, and identifying the areas we can improve. This role will also partner with internal customers to provide them guidance on payments in general, gather data/facts to manage metrics, identify points of friction, build a business case, and to propose requirements for payment method acceptance as well as customer experience improvement projects. Your inputs will be valuable for Amazon leaders to make decisions for improvement in the three areas above.
As a leader at Amazon, all innovations start with the customer and work backwards. This approach requires a wide range of experience. Strong writing skills in English are required to convey your vision through the value delivered to the end customer. Expect to dive deep into customer metrics, competitive benchmarking and payments data to inform your strategy. You will work with a cross functional team within Amazon including but not limited to engineering, customer service, payment acceptance, customer marketing, accounting and the broader retail organization.
Day to day:
- Work with Payment Acceptance Product Manager and external partners to identify areas to improve.
- Collaborate with internal Amazon businesses in Japan so they can access to resources, data, knowledge that Payments team has.
- Manage the metrics related to Payments. (This includes writing a query to pull out data from internal Database)
- Dive deep to understand how our image competitors do and identify the gaps (if any).
- Partner with Finance, Accounting, and Engineers etc. for effective management of the program.